Get cultured and toast the good life at some of our state's finest vineyards and breweries.
• SAKONNET VINEYARDS is an award-winning winery in Little Compton that produces 30,000 cases annually. Come for a tasting or a tour (daily at noon and 3) or for the Summer Music Night on Thursday from 6 to 8 pm. | 162 West Main Rd, Little Compton | sakonnetwine.com
• After spending a day marveling at the mansions on Bellevue Ave, visit NEWPORT VINEYARDS, which offers tours daily at 1 and 3. And you create custom labels for the bottles you take home. | 909 East Main Rd, Middletown | newportvineyards.com
• GREENVALE VINEYARDS is located on a small Victorian farm and listed on the State Register of Historic Places. They produce five white wines and three reds, and host live jazz on Saturday. Tours are at 2 pm. | 582 Wapping Rd, Portsmouth | greenvale.com
• DIAMOND HILL VINEYARDS' tasting room and gift shop is open Thursday through Saturday from noon to 5, and on Sunday from 11 am to 3 pm. | 3145 Diamond Hill Road, Cumberland | favorlabel.com/winery
• LANGWORTHY FARM WINERY AND BED AND BREAKFAST is minutes away from Misquamicut Beach, and is open for tastings daily, 12 to 5 pm | 308 Shore Rd, Westerly | langworthyfarm.com
• If wine isn't your thing, hit the NEWPORT STORM brewery for self-guided tours and tastings daily (except Tuesday) from 12 to 5 pm (guided tours are at 3). Try four beers (and get a souvenir glass) for $7, and/or indulge in their Thomas Tew Single Barrel rum ($9). | 293 J.T. Connell Rd, Newport | newportstorm.com
•GREY SAIL BREWING COMPANY is a relatively new microbrew in Westerly. They're open on Saturday from 1 to 5 for tours and tastings; try their Flagship Ale or Leaning Chimney Smoked Porter. | 63 Canal St, Westerly | greysailbrewing.com
Place a bet
Some summer nights you just feel like lounging in the A/C, having a drink, and hoping to leave 100 bucks richer. Take your chances at one of RI's betting houses.
• TWIN RIVER | 100 Twin River Rd, Lincoln | twinriver.com
• NEWPORT GRAND | 150 Admiral Kalbfus Rd, Newport | newportgrand.com