Are you ready for the 2006 Massachusetts Democratic Party convention?
I said: Are you ready for the 2006 Massachusetts Democratic Party Convention?!?
Well, it’s happening anyway. On June 2 and 3, thousands of Bay State Dems will trek to Worcester to endorse candidates for governor and LG, bitch about the Romney-Healey administration, and pay yet another tribute to Ted Kennedy. (He should be all set after this one, guys.)
Like any political convention, this one promises to have plenty of dull moments — but not if you try this little drinking game whipped up by the Phoenix!
Here are the rules:
* Chris Gabrieli says the words “stem cells” =one drink
* Mike Dukakis sighting = place finger on nose; last one in finishes drink
* Any Democrat uses a superlative (“the worst,” “the grodiest,” etc.) to describe Romney administration = one drink
* Someone calls Deval Patrick “articulate” = social!
* Tom Reilly stops grinning = time the non-grin and chug for that many seconds
* Tom Reilly mentions Ameriquest = shout “shame!”; take three drinks
* Sam Kelley mentions manure, fertilizer, etc. = hold nose; take one drink
* Patrick recalls bringing wrong “jacket” from Chicago to Milton Academy = pantomime coldness; two drinks
* Someone praises Ted Kennedy and adds halfhearted John Kerry compliment = begin one drink, gargle “Hail to the Chief,” and swallow
* Tim Murray proposes expanding the commuter rail = shout “choo-choo!” in high falsetto; drink as necessary
* Deborah Goldberg mentions Stop & Shop = anti-social (avert gaze and drink)
* Phil Johnston praises the Kennedys = finish your drink!
* Chris Gabrieli bobs his head = drink while bobbing your own head until Gabrieli desists
* Andrea Silbert looks angry = social!