Two uncontested; District 1 seat the only race
While the District 2 and at-large races are uncontested, we offer here those candidates’ answers, as well as those of the candidates vying for the District 1 seat, incumbent Kevin Donoghue and challenger Charles Bragdon.
1) As part of determining whether the police should carry Tasers, and knowing that Tasers can be fatal, would you be willing to get Tased in public by a trained Portland police officer?
2) Do you believe the city’s zoning laws should be changed to allow churches and other places of worship to be located at places that suit their members best?
3) Would you be willing to put in some “sweat equity” to save the city money in fixing up the Maine State Pier?
4) What is the name of the local artist/musician/author/dancer/creative-type person you most recently went to see or bought work from (or by)?
5) What mode of transportation do (or would) you use to get from your home or office to City Hall for council meetings and other business?
6) How full is your home’s blue recycling bin each week?
7) Should we spend transportation dollars building more bicycle lanes or buying more buses?
8) What is the best way to reduce crime, in your view?
9) How can the city best address the problem of overserving in local bars and clubs?
41, owner of A-Plus Taxi
: News Features
, Politics, Culture and Lifestyle, Local Politics, More