1) Olneyville N.Y. System | 20 Plainfield St, Providence | 401.621.9500 + 1744 Mineral Spring Ave, North Providence + 1012 Reservoir Ave, Cranston | 401.275.6031
2) Original NY System | 424 Smith St, Providence | 401.331.5349
3) Ferrucci's Original NY System | 1246 Main St, West Warwick | 401.821.9849
4) Wein-O-Rama | 1009 Oaklawn Ave, Cranston | 401.943.4990
9 PLACES TO DRINK REALLY GREAT BEER
1) Doherty's East Ave Irish Pub | 342 East Ave, Pawtucket | 401.725.1800
2) Track 84 | 84 Kilvert St, Warwick | 401.739.8484
3) Mews Tavern | 456 Main St, Wakefield | 401.783.9370
4) Pitcher's Pub | 120 Manville Hill Rd, Cumberland | 401.658.0058
5) Dave's Bar and Grill | 2320 Post Rd, Warwick | 401.739.7444
6) Pour Judgement | 32 Broadway, Newport | 401.619.2115
7) Julian's | 318 Broadway, Providence | 401.861.1770
8) English Cellar Alehouse | 165 Angell St, Providence | 401.454.3434
9) Yesterdays & the Place | 28 Washington Sq, Newport | 401.847.0125
4 PLACES TO EAT AT 2 AM (OR LATER)
1) Haven Brothers Diner | Fulton St, Providence | 401.861.7777 | Mon-Sat till 4 am | You ain't one of us until you park your ass on the steps of City Hall at 3:45 am, pawing your way through the wax paper-wrapped heart-stoppers and choking down a coupla cheeseburgers and a milkshake.
2) Antonio's | 256 Thayer St, Providence | 401.455.3600 and/or Nice Slice | 256 Thayer St, Providence | 401.453.6423 | Till 2 am on weekends | The line setup at Antonio's is pretty terrible, and the dude working the door doesn't want to hear your drunken pleas for a white slice at 2:05 am, so leave the club a few minutes early. Nice Slice doesn't have quite the selection but it's one of the best thin crust pies in town.
3) Wes' Rib House | 38 Dike St, Providence | 401.421.9090 | Till 2 am weeknights + 4 am weekends | The menu has been slightly tweaked for the better (the new burger is a lot better), and $10 will still get you a heapin' plate of pulled pork (the brisket is decent, but go for the chicken) with two sides and corn bread. Nice little beer selection too.
4) Stanley's | 371 Richmond St, Providence | 401.270.9292 | Till 2 am on weekends | Some people maintain that the newer Jewelry District location ain't as good as the original in Central Falls. It is a bit pricey for burgers and fries, but those grilled pickles and onions are addictive.
4 PLACES TO TAKE YOUR PARENTS (OR, YOU KNOW, HAVE THEM TAKE YOU)
1) Hemenway's Seafood Grill & Oyster Bar, 121 South Main St, Providence | 401.351.8570 | hemenwaysrestaurant.com
2) Al Forno | 575 South Main St, Providence | 401.273.9760 | alforno.com
3) Fluke Wine, Bar & Kitchen | 41 Bowen's Wharf, Newport | 401.849.7778 | flukewinebar.com
4) Cappricio | 2 Pine St, Providence | 401.421.1320 | capriccios.com
6 DELICIOUS DELICACIES INDIGENOUS TO RHODE ISLAND
1) Coffee syrup
2) Hot weiners
3) Clam cakes
5) Johnny cakes
5 PIZZA PLACES THAT'LL MAKE YOU DROOL
1) Tommy's Pizza | 936 Chalkstone Ave, Providence | 401.351.4141 | Fifty-five years and counting for the Sacco family, who just opened a second location on Oaklawn Avenue in Cranston. Of course, the pizza is the star attraction, but pick up an eggplant pie or a Green Monster (an oversized loaded spinach pie), each under $5.