City Council and School Committee candidates answer our questions
What will happen with the Maine State Pier? How about night life in the Old Port? Or redevelopment of the former Adams School? What will be the future of the century-old Clifford School? These are the questions this City Council election is actually about. For a moment, step away from the yammering about whose fault which snafu is — let’s find some people who know how to make decisions the community can embrace.
Here’s how the council candidates stack up, and how many local artists they support.
Portland City Council at large
City Council questions:
Should the Maine State Pier process be restarted?
1. What is the single biggest problem facing Portland?
2. How many times this summer did you go out in the Old Port after 10 pm?
3. Should the city council maintain control over the school budget?
4. How many pieces of local art (including CDs) do you own?
5. What’s the one area where you think the city should spend more money?
6. What’s the one area where you think the city should spend less money?
7. How many blue trash bags do you use per week?
8. Should Portland have an elected mayor?
9. Why should young people support you?
: News Features
, Elections and Voting, Politics, Portland City Council, More